Filed under: IARFC Posts
The IARFC is set to hold the Semi-Finals of the National Financial Plan Competition on Thursday March 12, the day before its annual Board Meeting. The Directors will be on hand to judge teams from Bryant University, Shepherd University, Virginia Commonwealth, Western Carolina and Winthrop University as they present their financial plans via gotomeeting – ultimately selecting three to move to the Finals in Charlotte, NC.
This year’s Semi Finalist team members are:
- David Ferraro and Staci Rezendes from Bryant University, Smithfield, RI – Faculty Advisor Mara L. Derderian, RFC®
- Nicholas Zacchilli from Bryant University, Smithfield, RI – Faculty Advisor Mara L. Derderian, RFC®
- Connor Howard from Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, WV – Faculty Advisor Dr. Nicholas A. Pologeorgis RFC®
- Erik Ott and Zachery Perkins from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA – Faculty Advisor John P. McFarland
- Richard Sigmon and Megan Cherry from Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC – Faculty Advisor Dr. Grace C. Allen
- Kristin Cranford and Victoria Davis from Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC – Faculty Advisor, Dr. Philip Gibson
Following the selection of three finalists, the teams will head toward Charlotte, NC on April 29th and 30th for a live presentation of their Plan in front of an audience of financial services professionals at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Club. Finalists will also have the opportunity to attend the IARFC Business Owner Consulting Workshop, a tour of the Speedway and a dinner banquet hosted at this premier regional venue.
Want to be a judge for the Finals? Make your reservation and join us April 28 & 29!
Filed under: IARFC Posts
Les Anderson, longtime IARFC member, was recently awarded the prestigious Loren Dunton Memorial Award at the Cetera Advisors Connect Conference in Denver, CO. On hand to present the award was IARFC Chairman and CEO Ed Morrow.
This award is given to a person who has made a substantial contribution to the financial services profession and/or the financial interest of the public – thus carrying on Dunton’s mission and vision. Loren Dunton was able to use his experiences to frankly explain what all financial advisors now recognize – that the ethical sales of financial products and the delivery of competent advice is a noble calling.
Anderson with over 30 years of experience in sales marketing, sales management and training in the financial services industry is a former Board Director and President of the IARFC. He has been instrumental in the corporate sponsorship program for the IARFC National Financial Plan Competition.
Included in the celebration of Les’s achievements were Cetera Advisors‘ CEO Brett Harrison and President Erinn Ford and over 400 of his professional peers. “The Loren Dunton Memorial Award was given to Les Anderson in honor of his commitment to the National Financial Plan Competition,” relates Harrison. “I am proud to be associated with Les and commend him on his accomplishments.”
Congratulations to Les Anderson – the 2014 Loren Dunton Memorial Award Winner!!!!!