Filed under: IARFC Posts
Update Ethics Approved Program….
The International Association of Registered Financial Consultants (IARFC) has recently approved over 350 members in the past three months in their new “Ethics Approved” program. This program is an effort towards increased transparency regarding the member’s professional background and their adherence to a Code of Ethics.
The IARFC Team is reviewing all membership renewals submitted to the Association and rewarding members for their long-term commitment to the IARFC Code of Ethics. They are checking FINRA records, state licensing records and even conducting an internet search of each member’s name. Reviewed history includes personal or business bankruptcies, compromised credit issues, any pending customer disputes, regulatory events and/or criminal misdemeanors or felonies.
Members need to have a clean record for the preceding five (5) years in order to qualify for the Ethics Approved Program. Members who meet these standards will receive an embossed seal stating they are “Ethics Approved” with the year of the review and is effective for two years.
“We feel that this additional check is our obligation to the public who needs assurance of the integrity of their financial professional,” explained Chairman H. Stephen Bailey. “The public is more educated than ever and needs assurance of the background of their financial professional and their adherence to a Code of Ethics.”
The IARFC, founded in 1984, is a non-profit credentialing organization formed to foster public confidence in the financial planning profession. Their professional designation – the Registered Financial Consultant (RFC®) is awarded to those consultants who can meet the high standards of education, experience and integrity that are required of all its members.
Vicki Caplinger in IARFC Membership Services, weighed in on the significance of the program and how the members can utilize their approved status. “Members receive Ethics Approved branding recognition in the form of digital logos, embossed seals and sample media releases. It is our hope that they utilize these tools to enhance consumer confidence when serving clients and prospects.”
Filed under: IARFC Posts
The International Association of Registered Financial Consultants (IARFC) reports a record number of nominations received for the annual Loren Dunton Memorial Award. This tribute is to “honor a person who has made a substantial contribution to the financial services profession and/or the financial interest of the public.”
“We are very pleased with the number of nominations this year,” related Dunton Committee Chair H. Stephen Bailey, RFC®. “These people represent the brightest and most successful consultants in our profession – it is a very difficult decision.”
With nominations closed as of November 30th, the list of distinguished financial consultants reads:
- Erin Botsford, Botsford Financial Group – Frisco, TX;
- Elissa Buie, Yesk Buie Live Big – Vienna, VA;
- Kim Ciccarelli Kantor, Ciccarelli Advisory Services, Inc. – Naples, FL;
- Monroe Diefendorf, 3 Dimensional Wealth Advisory LLC – Locust Valley, NY;
- Fredric Edelman, Edelman Financial Services LLC – Fairfax, VA;
- Harold Evensky, Evensky & Katz/Folds Financial Wealth Management – Lubbock, TX;
- Marvin Feldman, Feldman Financial Group – Palm Harbor, FL;
- William Gustafson, Texas Tech University – Lubbock, TX;
- Leroy Hayes, Hayes Insurance/Investment Agency – Houston, TX;
- James Moss, Money Concepts – Indianapolis, IN;
- Rosilyn Overton, Mid-Atlantic Securities, Inc. – Great Neck, NY;
- Lee Pennington, Pennington, Bass & Associates – Lubbock, TX;
- Tom Potts, Baylor University – Waco, TX;
- Simon Singer, The Advisor Consulting Group – Encino, CA;
- Robert Springer, FSC Securities Corporation – Allentown, PA;
- Rick Stanzione, R&R Group, Inc. – Washington Terrace, UT.
The 2017 recipient will be decided at the end of the year with a presentation time and location to be announced early 2017. For more information on the award, go to IARFC website – Loren Dunton Memorial Award.
Previous Loren Dunton Memorial Award winners
2000 Ben Baldwin
2001 Donald Ray Haas
2002 John B. Keeble
2003 Alexandra Armstrong
2004 Vernon D. Gwynne
2005 Edwin P. Morrow
2006 Bill E. Carter
2007 John P. Walsh
2008 Mehdi Fakarzadeh
2009 Jack Gargan
2010 Steve Bailey
2014 Lester Anderson
2015 Jon Rogers
2016 Jerry Mason